Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Rails Time

Spent the better part of the last week ramping up on CSS and HTML via Treehouse.

The Deep Dives for HTML and Building a Website are complete. I'll finish up CSS Foundations this week sometime.

I then moved on to Michael Hartl's  Rail's tutorial where I'm slugging along in section 7.4. Everything was going smoothly up until that point.

The result should be a failed sign up attempt that shows error messages and test isn't passing...


I get the following errors...





Looks like I placed the 'shared' folder inside 'users' when it should have been directly under 'views. Can't believe it... so simply.  Spent two hours last night trying to get this to work and it took me less than three minutes to figure it out while creating this blog post.

Left = After               |        Right = Before

Yeah! It works.





I'm concerned that I'm not retaining the info, but repetition is the key to mastery so that's what I'll do.


LAST WEEK: 46.32 hours | TOTAL: 159 hours

No comments:

Post a Comment